Flooring Maintenance Guide
Cleaning, caring for, and properly maintaining your flooring is essential to ensure its longevity. Please review our general maintenance guidelines below and refer to the details provided with your ESB Flooring purchase for care guidelines specific to your chosen flooring.
Maintenance Guide for Lacquered Floors
Lacquered floors are easy to care for. Regular maintenance with the right cleaning materials and products ensure your lacquered floors will look good for many years to come.
Cleaning lacquered floors:
- Use a vacuum or broom with a soft bristle head to remove dirt and grit.
- Use a well-wrung mop to damp-mop your floors.
- Use eco-friendly cleaning materials (ESB Flooring stocks a special wood floor cleaning product called Blanchon that provides benefits beyond simply cleaning).
- Use Blanchon Lagoon for quick and easy cleaning. This product comes in a handy 500ml spray bottle. Simply dust your floors, spray Blanchon Lagoon on a small section of floor, and use a clean, slightly damp mop to wipe your floors; continue this process until the entire room is clean.
- Use Blanchon Daily Cleaner to revive lacquered wood flooring. Simply dust or vacuum your floors, dilute 50-100ml of Blanchon Lagoon with 10 litres of water and use a clean, slightly damp mop to wipe your floors.
- Avoid chemical cleaning products and household detergents including methylated spirits, Kerosene, polishes, wax, and abrasive steel wool pads.